Why, exactly, should you enter my BTVS Halloween Fan Fiction One Shot Contest? Let me tell you.
10. So that hundreds, thousands, maybe even MILLIONS of Buffy fans will be able to read your hard work. And then maybe they will subscribe to your fan fic profile, or follow you on Tumblr or something. And we all know that new subscribers/followers is one of the greatest feelings ever. Why would you wanna give that chance for new followers away?
9. Halloween is pretty much the holiday that you can do the most themed stuff with concerning Buffy. I mean, yeah there’s a Christmas and Thanksgiving episode and stuff, but Halloween is all about vampires and werewolves and creepy awesome things that pertain to the show. So why not write some fan fiction to pair the holiday?
8. It’s a one-shot contest which means NO PRESSURE TO UPDATE CHAPTERS BY CERTAIN TIMES. Just a simple, clean story.
7. In fact, let me give you some story starters to help you get going:
Buffy didn’t have any plans to go out that night. Since Halloween was apparently grounds for no vampire activity, she figured it would be nice to lounge at home and watch some classic flicks with the gang. She made her way upstairs to her mom’s room to see if she wanted to join them for the night, knocking on the closed door. Her Slayer senses were tingling, but Buffy thought nothing of it. She waited for a moment, when all of a sudden the door opened to reveal….
Faith quick grabbed the heaviest, largest pumpkin in the patch and hurled it towards the vampire. The pumpkin smashed into the vamp’s head with mighty force, sending pumpkin guts everywhere and the vampire to the ground. It was only when she walked up to the whimpering being that she remembered it was Halloween, and that this was no vampire, but a young man with an unbelievably realistic costume…
Willow loved vandalizing public property on Halloween, and now she had Tara to help her…
Xander had been aimlessly eating candy corn, plunging his hand into the seemingly endless bowl. When he went to grab another handful, something grabbed him back…
6. There are TWO WINNERS!! TWO!!!
5. EVERYONE GETS A PRIZE. Even if you don’t win, I am sending you a thank you letter and a free mini Buffy pin in the mail. You literally don’t have to do or pay anything. You just have to write a story.
4. Your fellow fans will love you for writing awesome Halloween themed Buffy fic. They will probably even read it aloud to their friends on Halloween so you can consider yourself a local celebrity.
3. THERE IS NO RATING. You can literally write about Spike going naked for his nudist Halloween costume or keep it as clean as Giles watching the Great Pumpkin by himself and write an inner monologue as he watches the movie. LOOK THOSE ARE TWO MORE FREE STORY STARTERS FOR YOU WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR.
2. Why do you ever need a reason to write Buffy Fan Fiction? Ditch real life obligations and just write. Words to live by, friends.
1. IF YOU WIN YOU GET A TON OF FREE PRIZES!
Seriously, vampire fang ice cubes? LOVE!
A What Would Buffy Do? sticker? YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO PUT IT ON YOUR NOTEBOOK!!
Buffy the Violet Slayer nail polish?!?! GASP!
A Grr Arrgh finger puppet monster? TARA!
A Cynical Slayer Pen? YOU DON’T REALLY WANT THIS BUT HEY FREE PEN!!!
Moral of the story. Please enter. There are five days left for submissions and no one has entered yet and I don’t know what to do with all these prizes sitting at my house so I want you guys to have them. HELP ME AND HEAD TO THE LANDING PAGE OR VISIT ME ON FACEBOOK AND CHECK OUT THE FAN FIC CONTEST TAB!!!
THANK YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE!
SORRY FOR SHOUTING AT YOU WITH ALL CAPS I’M TRYING TO BE URGENT AND MOTIVATING.
UPDATE: Now accepting submissions until 11:59 pm (Central) on Saturday, October 18th!